.

READER REVIEW: Bob's Review of Ben & Jerry's Pumpkin Cheesecake (Limited Batch)

This is going to be my 2nd go around with Ben & Jerry's Pumpkin Cheesecake as the last time I had it I thought I got a very bad pint. It did not have much pumpkin flavoring to it, was very bland, and had little to no graham cracker swirl. Being the pint is graham cracker swirl with a pumpkin cheesecake base ice cream I had higher hopes this second go around.


As you get into that first bite, you get a very rich and sweet tasting pumpkin flavoring. There is very little hint of a nutmeg and little bits of a cinnamon aftertaste which was very pleasant and a great compliment to the overall pint and flavoring. I also notice this was a bit denser than my last go around.


As you get into a few bites you will slowly start to see a swirl that really is hidden in the pint but does pack a nice flavor. This is no rich swirl like in Turkey Hill's Pumpkin Pie which had a nice crunch to it, but it complements the pint pretty good and gives it a nice aftertaste which leaves you wanting to dig back into the pint for more.


Overall this is a good seasonal pint, but for some reason it's held year round at my local Wegmans and Super Walmart. This had a much better pumpkin flavoring for the base, and the swirl was much richer than last time. Compared to some of the top dog's for the seasonal flavors it needs to pack some more flavor/punch.

Where Bob Found It: Wegmans
Bob's Grade: B