.

READER REVIEW: VG's Review of Talenti Southern Butter Pecan

VG, who runs a food blog called A Bottomless Hole, recently ran across a few Talenti flavors that have eluded me for sometime now. He was kind enough to share his review of Southern Butter Pecan: one of their unrecognized, new releases.


I went for bread and cereal and of course, wandered into the ice cream aisle. It isn’t enough that I already have another five pints sitting in the freezer. Did I care? No. I am glad to say I ignored my wife too. I really just wanted to pick up another pint of Talenti’s Sea Salt Caramel because I didn’t have anymore. I lucked out to find Southern Butter Pecan sitting there. There were only two left so I grabbed both. Yes, I am greedy.


I am really impressed with this flavor. It is rich, creamy, and provides enough mix-ins to keep me satisfied. The mix-ins are just two things, pecans and ribbons of delicious caramel. There was an abundant amount of both of them and the pecans came in all sizes. I dare say this is just as good as if not equal to Sea Salt Caramel. At only 210 calories per serving, this is an easy buy.


Where James Found It: Harris Teeter
VG's Grade: A