.

READER REVIEW: Elliot's Review of Ben & Jerry's Two Wild & Crazy Pies

The first two SNL Batches flavors Ben and Jerry’s released this year were okay, but nothing I'm eager to revisit. When the third of four SNL inspired scoop shop only flavors became available I picked up a pint on the day it came out, you know, for science.


When I arrived at the store, I was surprised to see throngs of people lined up down the street. "Wow!" I thought. “These people love ice cream as much as me.” Well, it turns out they were lined up to buy a new skateboard or something at the shop next door. At least my competition for Two Wild and Crazy Pies was considerably less. That just might change once people catch onto the greatness here. Imagine a chocolate ice cream pie with an Oreo crust spun into scoop form. The coconut is overpowered by the chocolate, but lends itself to the flavor and adds a bit of texture, along with the cookie swirl.


This is the best Ben and Jerry’s chocolate ice cream I've ever tasted, and I've had a few. Chocolate Therapy fans, I'm looking at you. If you love chocolate, and even if you only find coconut tolerable, you will enjoy this.


Where Elliot Found It: Ben & Jerry's Scoop Shop
Elliot's Grade: A