.

READER REVIEW: Ryan's Review of Private Selection New York Style Pumpkin Cheesecake (Seasonal Offering)

It's October and with that said pumpkin products are everywhere.The fall season brings mass amounts of pumpkin joy for everyone even ice cream eaters. Private Selection's pumpkin themed ice cream is described as pumpkin flavored ice cream with dense pieces of cheesecake, how good does that sound? Pretty good to me.


I must say I was excited when I came across Private Selections new seasonal offering. I've been a pretty big fan of basically everything ice cream related from them so this was a confident buy off the bat. This time around I decided to go straight to my silverware drawer after grocery shopping and grab a spoon. First thing I notice upon opening the seal and taking off the lid was undoubtedly the color orange.


It's clear as day this ice cream looks like a pumpkin pie. I take my first scoop and it's rich in pumpkin taste. For me, personally, you have pumpkin spice desserts or flat out pumpkin desserts and this is definitely a pumpkin dessert. The taste was exactly what I was hoping for. This ice cream carries a delicious pumpkin pie filling just richer. After about two scoops I hit a piece of cheesecake.


The cheesecake pieces are exactly as described, extremely dense and rich. It's a great addition and impressively the pieces of cake are really able to stand out due to the authentic cheesecake flavor. This pairing is a great combination and really adds some interesting bites throughout. There is enough cheesecake in the container to land a bit here and there leaving room for the base of the ice cream to hold its own. Without a doubt this was right next to some of the best pumpkin treats I've had this year and certainly will make sure to get one more container before seasons end.

Where Ryan Found It: Foods For Less
Ryan's Grade: A