.

REVIEW: Dairy Queen Candy Cane Chill Blizzard (Blizzard of the Month for December 2013)


As I do at the first of every month, I headed to Dairy Queen to check out the limited edition Blizzard. This month’s Candy Cane Chill variation features peppermint candy cane pieces and choco chunks blended with creamy vanilla soft serve. Since it was only lunchtime, I went with the small sized cup (670 calories). After paying my $3.39, I was a little disappointed that my cup was only about 3/4 of the way full; especially considering how generous my particular location usually is.


The vanilla soft serve and choco chunks are old news when it comes to my previously reviewed Blizzard creations, but the peppermint candy cane pieces put a nice, festive spin on things. The soft, slightly runny peppermint candies give the entire cup a pink hue and both the candies and chocolate provide crunch to each bite. The flavors come together to create a peppermint bark effect. If you’re a peppermint ice cream fan like myself, you’ll want to check this one out before the month is over.


Where I Found It: Dairy Queen
Grade: B