.

NEWS: Fellow Blogger, On Second Scoop, Accuses The Ice Cream Informant of Copyright Infrigement

Blogging is something I originally got in to as part of a college assignment in a low level photography class, so naturally I wrote and took pictures of something I enjoyed: ice cream. From that day forward, I've had a great time creating and maintaining The Ice Cream Informant. My casual updates over the past year due to a busy work schedule has left me usually posting late nights or all at once. This on and off posting schedule keeps me out of the normal food blogging circles, but I still make my rounds often. One of those sites was originally an inspiration for this site and one I still enjoy to some extent. Despite On Second Scoop and my site sharing the same information for the most part, not once has it been competitive nor have we had any issues.

That was until earlier today when On Second Scoop's creator felt the need to check out our site and then accuse The Ice Cream Informant of copyright infringement on a recent post in the comments section. (see bottom of picture below)

Hey Dubba, have you ever considered the fact that your "Charles" character in Florida may have sent the images to a number of different blogs? And not even the decency to email me first just to inquire?


Here's a snip of our email conversation with Charles that dates all the way back to January 4th, a day before the picture was originally posted On Second Scoop.