.

REVIEW: Blue Bell Christmas Cookies


Over the past few months, I’ve started re-scooping some of my favorite (and even giving my not-so-favorites a 2nd chance) ice creams to see whether or not my opinions have changed. One of those flavors I felt I must try was Blue Bell’s Christmas Cookies.


This Holiday Favorite option comes in at 210 calories per serving and brings together sugar cookie flavored ice cream with chocolate chip, snickerdoodle, and sugar cookies, candy cane-shaped sprinkles and a green icing swirl.


A few summers ago I had the privilege of sampling Christmas Cookies in July, the same exact flavor as Christmas Cookies, just rolled out during the warmer months. Even out of season, the combination easily obtained an A. After almost an 18 month hiatus, I managed to pick up the real deal without July in the title.


Blue Bell really nails the sugar cookie flavored base inside this one, but good luck getting any by itself. From top to bottom, this carton is stuffed with mix-ins. The sweet and easily identifiable base ice cream is further builds upon the sugar cookie theme by adding the thick, green icing swirl and red, crunchy bits of sprinkles. Even this trio would have been better than average, but Blue Bell’s decision to toss in an additional trio in the form of cookies really elevates Christmas Cookies to the next level.


Each of the three come loaded with their own distinguishable tastes so classifying each of the cookies comes easy. While the Snickerdoodle variation ended up being my favorite, all of them work perfect with the sugar cookie ice cream. Blue Bell’s Christmas Cookies covers all the bases when it comes to what a Christmas-themed ice cream should be. This one easily deserves a rescoop.


Where I Found It: Ingles Markets
Grade: A