.

REVIEW: Blue Bell Kentucky Delight (Regional Exclusive)


While browsing the aisles for Blue Bell’s latest release, Sea Salt Caramel, I stumbled upon a flavor a little far from home. To my surprise I was looking at a half gallon of Kentucky Delight right here in North Carolina. This regional exclusive is made up of brown sugar ice cream with dark chocolate chunks, roasted walnut pieces, pie crust pieces and a caramel sauce; a 190 calorie per serving combination I’ve dreamed of trying for some time now.


The brown sugar ice cream is one of the best bases I’ve tried from Blue Bell and provides a great foundation for the rest of the mix-ins scattered about. The big bits of flaky pie crust, roasted walnut pieces, dark chocolate flakes, and caramel sauce flowing throughout every layer provides a variety of different tastes and textures. No two bites the same. We still aren't sure why Blue Bell isn't letting the masses taste this Derby Pie impersonator.


Where I Found It: Walmart
Grade: A