.

READER REVIEW: Bob's Review of Talenti Fudge Brownie

I am on a quest to see if any of the new flavors from Talenti can match up or surpass my favorite: Sea Salt Caramel. Before grabbing this pint, I read a few reviews that rated this pretty high, so I had high expectations going into this pint. Talenti Fudge Brownie is simply a dark chocolate base with small tiny fudge brownie pieces that are scattered throughout the pint. After breaking the seal, I saw a nice chocolate swirl and small fudge brownie bites with a very dark chocolate looking base.


My first bite reminded me a true Hershey's chocolate bar. This chocolate base was outstanding, It isn't quite as good as Jeni's chocolate ice cream, but it's very close. It surpasses Graeter's, 2nd Street Creamery and Ben & Jerry's without a question. After digging into the pint a bit more, the swirl seemed to overpower the small tiny fudge brownie pieces which were very lackluster in size. It's not a very thick or dense swirl.


The fudge brownies are rich, they are on the softer side, and remind me of a brownie diced up and thrown into the mix. The overall chewiness is a great facto and they are full of flavor that complements everything in the pint very well. This was a perfect mix-in for this pint if you are a chocolate lover! The only gripe I have is the size of the mix-ins. If they were larger in size, then this would be golden and maybe worthy of an A. I rank this in my top 3 behind Sea Salt Caramel and Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup.


Where Bob Found It: Giant Eagle
Bob's Grade: B