.

READER REVIEW: Carl's Review of Haagen Dazs Peanut Butter Pie (Limited Edition)


Ever since I heard people raving about this ice cream over on the Bodybuilding.com Forums, I’ve been looking for Haagen-Dazs Peanut Butter Pie. I looked at my local super Wal-Mart, Target and Weis Markets. Then one day I decided to check Giant Foods and low and behold there was this golden nugget of a pint; but at the time I had to pass because it would have melted by the time I got it home. 2 weeks later I went back to Giant Foods to search the Haagen Dazs pints, but I didn’t see my treasure. I felt let down, until I saw the glowing purple gold pint in the freezer beside it; the last one! I rushed home so it would not melt! I cracked opened the lid and was ready to dive in!


A few scrapes into this pint and my mind was overwhelmed with a great peanut butter taste and it kept getting better with each little taste I got. It was like eating a jar of peanut butter with chocolate cookies. I got about an inch into my pint of Peanut Butter Pie and hit the Great Wall of Peanut Butter. I dug my spoon around the huge chunk of peanut butter and popped it up and out. Delicious!


This pint of Haagen Dazs was a never-ending Peanut Butter Wonderland of nothing but top notch ice cream! I would not pass on this. Definitely pick up a pint if you can. Overall, I'd give Peanut Butter Pie an A. This pint is easily in my top five flavors; possibly even tied for number one.


Where Carl Found It: Giant Eagle
Carl's Grade: A