.

READER REVIEW: Bob's Review of 2nd St. Creamery Copper Kettle Caramel

First off, I’ve had a lot of the flavors from 2nd Street Creamery, but after seeing the reviews of Copper Kettle Caramel I wanted to crack this pint open as soon as possible. So far I’ve tried Can’t Tell Me No! Cookie Dough (my favorite), Tons of Brownies (good), Cannoli Di Nonni (good) and Black Hills Strawberry Rhubarb (not very good). I’ve heard stories of overwhelming amounts of sea salt caramel fudge truffles with a divine caramel ice cream and caramel ribbon. If this holds true we may be looking at the closest contender to Talenti’s Sea Salt Caramel.


After opening the pint, I immediately see a small truffle poking through the center, surrounded by the caramel swirl and caramel ice cream. The base isn’t quite like Talenti’s gelato, but the richness of the ice cream brings out the flavors of the caramel. After taking a few more bites, I finally made my way to insane amount of truffles. It eventually got to the point where every single bite I was taking contained a truffle. These aren’t that small either. Where some truffles in other flavors are frozen solid, these are still soft, chewy and oozing with caramel and fudge. Each bite was better than the last.


Considering the caramel base is complimented by a caramel swirl, I thought these might blend right in, but that’s not true. The darker colored swirl provides a different taste when compared to the ice cream. In my opinion, this easily outperforms Talenti’s Sea Salt Caramel. The overall taste, mix-ins involved and swirl all beat out the gelato version. This is the best caramel ice cream I’ve ever had. If you ever see this pint in any of the stores near you, do yourself a favor and purchase it right away.


Where Bob Found It: Super Wal-Mart
Bob's Grade: A