.

NEWS: Breyers Sends Their New Line of Ice Cream Sundae Toppings for Review

In a possible attempt to right some of their wrongs, Breyers reached out to ask me if I'd be interested in reviewing some of their new ice cream sundae toppings. I agreed in order to provide an unbiased review of something other than their frozen dairy dessert and a few days later I found a package at my doorstep. The box contained a sample of each flavor from their line of ice cream sauces, real fruit toppings and sprinkles.


The pouches of ice cream sauce come in chocolate, caramel and hot fudge flavors and can be served hot or cold. The pouches are fully microwavable and appear to be able to stop the normal hassle associated with heating up chocolate or caramel. All three contain 90 calories per two tablespoon serving size and contain no high fructose corn syrup (although I don’t particularly feel that matters all that much). The jars of real fruit topping come in cherry, strawberry and mixed berry flavors, contain 45 calories per two tablespoons and also mention the fact they contain no high fructose corn syrup, artificial flavors, colors or preservatives. The last toppings are the small plastic containers of rainbow and chocolate sprinkles. These contain only 15 calories per one tablespoon serving and contain no high fructose corn syrup or partially hydrogenated vegetable oil. It would have been nice to see what they actually included in some of these, instead of everything they didn’t, but this is Breyers we’re talking about. They love to cut as many things out of their products as possible and this looks to be no different.


Like many of you, I tend to toss in other sweets I have laying around when dealing with an underperforming ice cream, so I’m still excited about trying these out regardless of my sentiments towards Breyers frozen dairy dessert. I’m not sure how exactly I’m going to use these yet, but everyone will be sure to know when I do.