.

REVIEW: Ben & Jerry's Peanut Butter World (Target Exclusive)


After not being able to turn down the temptation of Volun-Tiramisu, one of the four Ben & Jerry’s Target exclusives I purchased, I put off Peanut Butter World for a few days. Besides, it didn’t sound all that spectacular and seemed to lack originality. Peanut butter and chocolate are one of the most common combinations you’ll find when it comes to ice cream. Little did I know just how effective Ben & Jerry’s blend of milk chocolate ice cream with peanut buttery swirls & chocolate cookie swirls could be. Unlike any other flavor currently available from Ben & Jerry’s, this particular flavor features a milk chocolate base instead of their original version; one that I’ve yet to try.


Due to the heavy flavors involved, Peanut Butter World surpasses the 300-calorie threshold. The 330 calories per serving may seem like a lot, but we’re talking about super-premium chocolate ice cream, peanut butter swirls and trails of chocolate cookies. The lid manages to pull off a portion of the ice cream as I take it off, which reveals high concentrations of both swirls sitting just below the surface. As I scoop out my first spoonful, I uncover how the swirls have created a granite design within the base, which makes it nearly impossible to taste the milk chocolate base by itself. From what I can make out, this is a smoother version of their standard chocolate without the rich, dry finish.


The stiff, creamy peanut butter isn't salted, but the natural saltiness of the peanuts perfectly compliments the chocolate ice cream. The cookie swirl adds a granular texture and an additional burst of chocolate. When both swirls are combined with the creamy milk-chocolate base, it's incredible. Lucky for us, you'll get all three in about 95% of your bites. On the other hand, the trifecta of flavors in Peanut Butter World is 100% worth the trip to Target.


Where I Found It: Super Target
Grade: A