.

REVIEW: Chick-fil-A Limited Edition Peach Hand-Spun Milkshake


After I started reviewing items from Dairy Queen and Zaxby’s recently, I’ve kept my eyes open for any other interesting items available from fast food restaurants in my area. While hitting the drive-thru of Chick-fil-A earlier today, I noticed advertisements for their limited edition Peach Hand-Spun Milkshake plastered all over the place. Since I’ve covered a few summer-inspired ice creams lately, I thought I’d add this one to the mix as well. Although I don’t usually enjoy fruity milkshakes, the memories of their seasonal Peppermint Chocolate Chip and Banana Pudding ones provided enough persuasion to make an impulse purchase. They offered a large serving, but I opted for the small.


After giving the cashier my $2.65, I was given a bigger cup than I had been expecting. They start with a white Styrofoam cup especially made for this particular flavor, fill it to the brim with peach-infused Icedream, cap it with a plastic dome, top it with plenty of whipped cream and finish the whole thing off with a bright red maraschino cherry. My small size shake would have set me back 660 calories if I had finished the entire thing, but I tapped out a little early. Although it comes equipped with a clear top, I quickly lost that so I could shed some of the whipped cream piled up on top. It’s a few inches thick, which is fine if you’re using the straw, but can take some time to work through if you’re using the spoon approach.


The whipped topping is airy in consistency, sweet in taste and can become a bit overwhelming if not mixed in with the milkshake. After scooping some away, the pale orange, Peach Icedream displays plenty of the brightly colored peach pieces that have been shredded up inside. I usually can’t stand to see fruit in my ice cream, but the fresh preparation means these aren’t frozen and are able to stay soft and juicy from the get-go. The density of the shake isn’t quite heavy enough to restrict sucking the mixture through a straw, but eventually becomes pretty runny by the bottom. It wasn't until I mixed the ingredients all together that its full potential was finally reached. Although I probably won’t be purchasing this again anytime soon, this was a decent way to usher in summer.


Where I Found It: Chick-Fil-A
Grade: C