.

READER REVIEW: Ryan's Review of Ben & Jerry's Peanut Brittle


I'll start off things by saying I love peanut butter. Maybe it's just a kick, maybe it's something permanent, but I'm crazy about the stuff. Then again, who isn't? Peanut based ice creams are usually pretty high in calories but Peanut Brittle is a tad more friendly than the likes of other peanut butter concoctions such as Peanut Butter World or Peanut Butter Cup. Upon my first bite I taste something toasted. I soon realize that this is the peanut brittle coming through and it is strong. Really strong. It tasted like caramel corn, similar to the flavors found in a box of cracker jacks. The base is peanut brittle, the mix-ins are peanut brittle and the swirl is caramel, so I'm not surprised at that.


The pieces of peanut brittle are small to medium sized, have a nice sweet kick, and still carry that strong toasted flavor. The only thing I can compare this "toasty-ness" to is the flavors found in Rocky Road-ish. I feel like this unique flavor is a bit overpowering and I would have preferred it to be peanut butter ice cream with peanut brittle pieces as opposed to the double brittle theme inside this. The caramel swirl can stay. It can always stay. Overall, if you like peanut brittle this will taste like a pint of just that and you will not be disappointed. If you were looking for something more along the lines of peanut butter like me, this might not do the trick. With that said, it's still delicious and I knocked out the whole thing. With Peanut Butter World, Peanut Butter Cup and What a Cluster hanging around, I doubt I'll re-scoop Peanut Brittle anytime soon.


Where Ryan Found It: Woodman's Foods
Ryan's Grade: B