.

REVIEW: Blue Bunny White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookie


Although Blue Bunny isn’t going to wow anyone with their quality or taste, this premium ice cream company has a few flavors worthy of checking out. One of my favorites came in the form of a Cookie Creation known as Monster Cookie, so when I saw the only other Cookie Creation I’ve ever come across, I jumped at the opportunity. I’d heard of their White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookie, but I hadn’t seen the combination of macadamia nut cookie flavored ice cream with white chocolatey chunks and white chocolate macadamia nut cookies in stores until now. I’ve always been a fan of offerings that feature a base focusing on the actual concept of the ice cream instead of a simple chocolate or vanilla, so hopefully Blue Bunny was able to pull off the macadamia nut cookie flavored ice cream in this one.


Seeing as how this only contains 160 calories per serving, White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookie should easily fit into everyone’s diet. Granted the lighter nutrition facts come at the expense of a super-premium density, the influx of cookies should counteract the lower butterfat consistency. As soon as I pop off the lid lock and pull it back, I can tell this one could be one of Blue Bunny’s best. The light and fluffy ice cream scoops out easily and comes pretty close to the flavors found in an actual macadamia nut cookie. The taste is simple, sweet and has hints of white chocolate to host the cookie chunks and white chocolate squares to come. Most every bite I pull up and out my bowl comes with at least one of these mix-ins to accompany the actual ice cream.


The white chocolate squares don’t add a ton of taste or texture, but they still add an authentic feel. The real highlight of this flavor comes from the actual pieces of macadamia nut cookies that attempt to make their way into every spoonful. These balls of soft, buttery cookies bring a gritty texture and a sweet taste to accompany the similarly flavored ice cream. Although this wasn’t quite worthy of an A-rating due to the less than desirable consistency, I’d rank White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookie right up there with Monster Cookie. Considering these are two of my favorites from Blue Bunny, I’d love to see them make some more Cookie Creations in the future.


Where I Found It: Super Walmart
Grade: B