.

READER REVIEW: Kyle's Review of Ben & Jerry's Peanut Butter Jam Session (Target Exclusive)

I had not been expecting to pick this up at all considering that I didn't even know that it was out yet. I originally went to Target to see if there were any more pints of Brownie Chew Gooder hiding around in the back of the freezer aisle. To my disappointment I found none and just as I was about to walk away unhappy from my trip when I decided to check again, hoping that I might have missed it the first time around. Instead, I ended up spotting this gem, "Peanut Butter Jam Session". It seems that this is one of the two pints that will be replacing Berry Voluntary and Brownie Chew Gooder (the other has been named as Rockin' Blondie).


The description reads, "Peanut Butter Ice Cream with a Crunchy Peanut Butter Swirl and a Raspberry Swirl". Reading that gets my taste buds happy considering that I used to eat peanut butter and jelly sandwiches as a kid all of the time, so naturally there was some nostalgia associated with this pint. This is pretty much the US version of Peanut Butter Me Up except for the fact that there is a crunchy peanut butter swirl, which intrigues me because I haven't seen this before in any other ice cream. Time to pop the lid!


Upon opening the lid I noticed the little bit of raspberry and peanut butter swirl showing. The top of the pint did not look promising, but little did I know that the Peanut Butter Base was hiding the large amount of swirls. I still hadn't expected the swirls to continue from the top of this pint to the bottom. Things just started getting better from here.


The base itself is fairly recognizable if you have had What a Cluster before. It's rich and salty and adds contrast to the raspberry swirls that you can taste with every spoonful. The Crunchy Peanut Butter Swirl was fantastic with this pint because it added the much need crunch that you're looking for, and when it gets mixed in with the same spoonful as the raspberry swirl, the experience just gets even better for your taste buds.


As I got to the bottom of the pint, I noticed this chunk of the Crunchy Peanut Butter Swirl that was waiting for me. It just made the experience that much better and I was pleased to finish the pint off on a good note. Overall, if you are a Peanut Butter and Jelly lover, then odds are that you will enjoy this pint no matter what. It's nice that they could bring this flavor to the US with a different twist on it compared to Peanut Butter Me Up. I thoroughly enjoyed this pint and am lucky enough to be one of the first to review this pint.


Where Kyle Found It: Target
Kyle's Grade: B