.

READER REVIEW: Steve's Review of Moo's Gourmet Ice Cream "Oreo Cookie" and "Chocolate Fudge Brownie"

While visiting Jackson Hole, Wyoming this past weekend I received several very positive recommendations about a place called Moo's Gourmet Ice Cream so even though the temperature was in the 50s I decided to try out two of their approximately fifteen flavors that they had out that day, Oreo Cookie and Chocolate Fudge Brownie. I ordered a two-scoop serving with a scoop of each. Moo's claims this is homemade ice cream made on the premises with all organic/natural ingredients, so my expectations were high!


Dipping my spoon into the Oreo cookie flavor (darker scoop on the left) I immediately noticed how rich and creamy this ice cream is. The ice cream had a very thick consistency. This appraisal was confirmed when I started eating it. Oreo cookie has a creamy milk-chocolate base that was extremely tasty. Usually, Oreo flavors use a vanilla base but this milk chocolate ice cream was a pleasant surprise. Even better are the large chunks of Oreo cookies that riddled my scoop. These chunks are thick and chewy and have excellent synergy with the chocolate base. This ice cream was so rich it took me about fifteen minutes to eat the single scoop.


Next up was the chocolate fudge brownie scoop. If anything, this ice cream was even better than the Oreo cookie. The base was a light-brown concoction that I couldn't quite identify but which had a warm, medium-chocolate flavor. I loved the way this base combined with the fudge brownies! These brownie chunks were thick, moist, chewy, and had a real fudge flavor, as if my grandmother had made a tray of fudge brownies and then just mixed them in with ice cream! I compare this ice cream very favorably to other similar offerings, like Blue Bell's Rockslide-Brownie.


In addition to the excellent ice cream, Moo's has a great ambience, in the classic style of an old-fashioned ice cream shoppe. The staff was friendly, prices are reasonable (my generous two-scoop cup cost $4.15) and the location, which is on Jackson Hole's scenic town square, made for great people watching. Next time you visit that area, I recommend stopping by for a treat.

Where Steve Found It: Moo's Gourmet Ice Cream (Jackson Hole, Wyoming)
Steve's Grade: A (for both)