.

READER REVIEW: Matthew's Review of Talenti Fudge Brownie

Well that didn't take long. Thanks to Matthew for submitting our first Reader Review of Talenti's latest flavor:

Having recently sampled my first Talenti pint ever just a little over a month ago, I heard of a Limited Edition Fudge Brownie that was being released in Publix Supermarkets. Being thoroughly impressed with the 5 flavors I have now tried since then, I knew that I had to pick this pint up for a scoop. As I twisted the lid off of their nifty little containers, the pint revealed a darker than normal chocolate base with what appeared to be a chocolate swirl. Not being able to find a flavor description anywhere, I was unaware if there would be any brownies incorporated into the gelato.


Nonetheless, I dug in and quickly came across chunks of brownies, which changed my initial opinion for the better. The consistency of the base is just as smooth as all of the other gelato flavors I have sampled, and melts rather quickly as I dig in spoonful after spoonful. This base is easily distinguishable from the milk chocolate base incorporated into their Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup and Peanut Butter Chocolate Pretzel offering. Unable to find a flavor description, if I had to guess, this is a dark chocolate base.


The swirl is much more present than the fudge brownies in this particular pint. It is not as thick as other swirls I encountered, but still offers a great texture that sticks to your spoon while eating. When combined with the dark chocolate base, the sweetness is kicked up a notch, offering an extreme chocolate taste that is almost reminiscent of Ben & Jerry’s Chocolate Therapy.


Lastly, the fudge brownies are very rich and taste just exactly as stated, a brownie. Although they are quite small, about the size of a dime and much smaller than the fudge brownies incorporated in Ben & Jerry’s pints, they are quite flavorful. Talenti does a great job of keeping them very soft, moist, and therefore chewy, offering a perfect mix-in counterpart to the dark chocolate gelato base and chocolate swirl.


I know many people don’t have access to Publix Supermarkets, especially with the Limited Edition flavors. However, if you are an extreme chocolate fan (B&J’s Chocolate Therapy & Fudge Brownie) and can manage to get your hands on this particular flavor while grocery shopping, it is without a doubt worth a scoop. Although, I have yet to try many flavors offered by Talenti, Fudge Brownie ranks up among the best of them.


Where Matthew Found It: Publix (Leesburg, GA)
Matthew's Grade: A