.

REVIEW: Edy's A Very Merry Eggnog (Limited Edition)


Not long after releasing their retitled holiday offerings in the form of Pumpkin Patch and Peppermint Wonderland, Edy’s wasted no time changing the name of their seasonal Eggnog flavor as well. A Very Merry Eggnog may look different than last year’s Eggnog, but features the same ingredient list. Just like in 2012, this will be available from November through December and Edy’s has this to say about their latest limited edition, “Our Eggnog ice cream is like the drink, but better! We've taken rich and creamy eggnog and turned it into a scoopable holiday treat. Somewhere between its cool burst of flavor and its essence of nutmeg, you'll discover the spirit of the holidays.


I wasn’t too fond of the flavor last year as is indicated by my D-rating, but I was willing to give Edy’s another shot. My palate has changed a handful of times over the course of my life, so maybe it was possible it had picked up the ability to really enjoy eggnog in general. This Grand edition comes in at 140 calories per serving, which is apparent by the pliable consistency as I scooped some into a bowl. After sitting down with a few servings, I was able to appreciate the taste a little more than last year, but even though now it’s very merry, Edy’s most recent release still sits below average for me.


Where I Found It: Walmart
Grade: D