.

REVIEW: Blue Bell I ♥ Chocolate


Not only did Blue Bell decide to bring back Tin Roof for the month of February, they also introduced an entirely new flavor to their lineup: I ♥ Chocolate. This 210 calorie per serving creation comes in both half-gallon and pint sized portions and is made up of milk chocolate ice cream with chocolate-filled hearts, chocolate-coated cake pieces and a chocolate icing swirl.


The mix-ins are usually a little less dense in the pints than the larger cartons, but my feelings towards Blue Bell’s milk chocolate base led me to only invest in the smaller size. The thick stripe of chocolate icing after popping off the gold lid did look promising however. Although my first few bites of the actual ice cream was mild and less than memorable, it didn’t take long before I began hitting other ingredients.


The large, chocolate on chocolate mix-ins were obviously intended to be the highlight of this pint and that they were. The marble-sized collection of chocolate-coated cake pieces and chocolate-filled hearts combined with the chocolate icing and milk chocolate ice cream to deliver a welcomed chocolate overload.


While I entered this review skeptical of the base, Blue Bell was still able to secure an A by providing ample additions to their actual ice cream. With all the ingredients floating around inside, every bite tends to be different and for someone who enjoys chocolate, is certainly a pint you need to pick up before this one starts leaving shelves at the end of February.


Where I Found It: Walmart
Grade: A