.

REVIEW: Dairy Queen Red Velvet Cake Blizzard (Blizzard of the Month for February 2014)


Last month’s Reese Peanut Butter Cup Pie Blizzard hadn’t been enticing enough for a review, but this month’s Blizzard of the Month, Red Velvet Cake, had me planning a visit within the first week of its release. This one is described as a mix of creamy vanilla soft serve, decadent red velvet cake pieces and cream cheese frosting. That description alone sounded promising enough to warrant upsizing to the medium sized cup.


After paying my $3.89 plus tax, I received a mixture less visually appealing than some of the previous Blizzards I’ve ordered, but luckily I was much more interested in the taste. The base of my particular creation was mostly vanilla flavored with some concentrated doses of cream cheese frosting along the way that really aided in helping out with the red velvet cake theme.


The real highlight of this Blizzard were the diced-size bits of red velvet cake blended up within the soft serve, both whole and broken up. These were dense, flavorful, and worked well with the other ingredients. Even though there are better red velvet cake ice creams currently available, this one is still worth heading towards the drive thru for at least once.


Where I Found It: Dairy Queen
Grade: B