.

REVIEW: Graeter's Jazzberry Cinnamon Crunch (Limited Edition)


In yet another strange turn of events, I found myself coming back through Ohio on a business trip. The first thing that popped into my head was to drop by a Graeter’s scoop shop and try to pick up a few flavors I hadn’t tried yet. Fortunately for me, the West Chester location still had a few pints left over from their recent, 4-flavor test run. While Salted Caramel Truffle Cup, Peanut Butter Chocolate Pretzel, and Aztec Chocolate were all gone, I was able to get my hands on Jazzberry Crunch: red raspberry ice cream combined with cinnamon cookies.


Graeter’s black raspberry base is one of our favorites in existence, so I’m interested to see how this 260 calorie per serving, red variation will measure up. After letting everything melt down for a few minutes, I sample some of the mauve colored base. The taste of the red raspberries can’t quite keep up with the high standards set forth by Graeter's black raspberries, but the cookies are a nice change of pace to the expected signature chocolate chips. The soft and flaky bits of cinnamon cookie works well with the base, and when combined together, seems to be impersonating a frozen raspberry shortcake. Even though we didn’t quite think this one deserved an A, we were still excited for the opportunity to review a pint before they were all gone.


Where I Found It: Graeter's Scoop Shop (West Chester, OH)
Grade: B