.

READER REVIEW: Bob's Review of Wegmans Banana Peel-N

Another Wegmans exclusive, Banana Peel-N, is a banana base with fudge ripples, marshmallow swirls with peanut butter cups. At 310kcals a serving I was hoping for something as good as the Nutter Batter which I recently devoured and became one of my favorites! Wegmans does not get a lot of respect as a premium ice cream company, but after this pint and Nutter Batter their bases are solid and mix-ins are not lacking.


Taking my first bite, I was impressed by the rich and flavorful banana base. Hands down the best banana ice cream I have ever had. There is no comparison as it was truly a fresh banana flavor that had a strong after taste. I had a nice big chunk of a fudge ribbon and small hints of a marshmallow like you would find in a true s'mores flavored product.


As I continued to dig down the pint it was surely one of my favorites. The base is top notch, a great banana flavor that is dense and packs an amazing banana aftertaste like a true ripe banana out of the grocery store. Throw in a marshmallow ribbon that is not overpowering, but just enough to complement the pint. The fudge ribbons are dense, very thick and almost like Graeter's chocolate chips at some point due to the richness/thickness in size. As the pint gets lower and lower the thickness of the swirl picks up to the point you are eating chunks of fudge. Not that I mind that, but it just amplifies the more you get towards the bottom. The peanut butter cups were killer, just not as frequent as you would hope. These were not hard as a rock, but on the softer side and had a great peanut butter filling like a peanut butter truffle have. Overall, one of the best pints I have had in a long time and may even crack my top 10 overall. Everything in this pint just went together very well and complemented each other perfectly. Off to pick up S'mores and see how this goes!


Where Bob Found It: Wegmans
Bob's Grade: A