.

READER REVIEW: Colby's Review of Ben & Jerry's What a Cluster


I must start by saying that I have had this pint hidden in the back of my freezer for several months, anxiously waiting for the perfect time to indulge in what I hoped would be a masterpiece. I am one of those people who like to save the best for last. So in my quest to try all the Ben & Jerry’s flavors I can get my hands on, I have saved what I am hoping are the best flavors for last. Recently I scooped Peanut Butter World (A+), Milk and Cookies (A-), and now finally What A Cluster. It was incredibly hard not to dig into this pint with incredible expectations, seeing as peanut butter is one of my favorite addictions. So I removed the lid to see what I would find underneath.


 And oh baby yes! At first glance this is exactly what I was hoping for. Rich peanut butter ice cream, cluster pieces, and a glance of the peanut butter swirl peeking through the surface. The only component from B&J’s description (Peanut Butter Ice Cream with Caramel Cluster Pieces, Marshmallow Swirls & Peanut Buttery Swirls) that I could not discern was the marshmallow swirl. After a long awaited journey, I finally dug my spoon into this pint to see what I would discover.


OMG! Peanut butter heaven! Have I died, or is this real life? I don’t care; just let me enjoy this wonderful creation that is set before me. I can’t help but dive right into the peanut buttery swirls. The flavor is spot on. So rich with a nice salty contrast to the peanut butter ice cream. On to the caramel clusters. These are a nice addition, adding a perfect crunch to this flavor. The marshmallow swirl….I never really found it, but I really don’t care. This flavor is all about the peanut butter for me. I really am still surprised by the amount of peanut butter Ben & Jerry’s managed to cram into this pint sized container of love. What A Cluster has easily moved into my top 3 offerings from Ben & Jerry’s, along with: Peanut Butter World and Cinnamon Buns. I don’t have much else to say expect that this actually exceeded my expectations. If for some reason you have not tasted this amazing creation, DO IT NOW, thank me later.


Where Ryan Found It: Whole Foods
Ryan's Grade: A