.

READER REVIEW: Ryan's Review of Private Selection English Toffee Caramel (Kroger Brand)

Private Selection's English Toffee Caramel is the culmination of chocolate coated toffee pieces folded into caramel ice cream with caramel swirls. The end result from English Toffee Caramel's composition ends up being one of the top ice cream flavors I've had. Now on to this experience.


It's a summer morning and like most mornings I'm gearing up to go on a run to start the day. This morning I had the pleasure to crack the lid on my third Private Selection ice cream flavor offering. With high expectations due to Private Selections previous ice creams scoops I've had, I eagerly grab my spoon. First scoop In its easily noticeable that the entire container is filled with toffee pieces and it's a good start. Wether it be luck or not, the first side of the container I decide to take a scoop out of ends up being a hiding spot to a huge collection of caramel swirl.


I eagerly take my first bite of this visual masterpiece. The base itself in this ice cream is executed very well. It isn't the strongest caramel base I've had but its the perfect level of flavor to incorporate a dense caramel swirl. The end result of the two flavors paired is an extremely tasty experience. If I wasn't mistaken it seemed that there was an essence of toffee flavor lingering in the base as well. It wasn't hard to secure the chocolate covered toffee pieces in every bite mind you.


The chocolate covered toffee pieces were everywhere in this container, almost inescapable in fact. The toffee was crunchy and remained partially intact as well as finely broken up. As for the more fine pieces of toffee it almost seemed as if the remnants had created a swirl like texture. Scoop after scoop I found myself deeper and deeper falling into fandom of Private Selection. Coming in at. 230 calories per serving Private Selection has created a super premium ice cream experience with a pretty fair nutritional make up. This ice cream was excellent on so many levels, the toffee was sublime the swirls were dense and rich and the caramel ice cream was a perfect execution to accompany all the before mentioned pieces to this puzzle. Find this ice cream, it's worth it.


Where Ryan Found It: Kroger
Ryan's Grade: A