.

REVIEW: Three Twins Sea Salted Caramel Ice Cream Sandwiches


Ever since I started branching out the blog to include some of the more intriguing ice cream bars and sandwiches, I’ve been hoping for some of the super-premium companies to get into the mix. Then, this week at The Fresh Market, I noticed some new products; one of which were these Sea Salted Caramel Ice Cream Sandwiches from Three Twins. I had sampled their organic, Sea Salt Caramel ice cream in pint form, but it hadn’t done all that well compared to the stiff salted caramel competition. This time though, Three Twins had armed that same organic caramel ice cream with two, organic sugar cookies.


The box included four of these five-ounce sandwiches and at 320 calories each, came in a little higher than most single servings of super-premium ice cream. I unwrapped the average sized sandwich from the clear plastic packaging and dug right in. Even right out of the freezer, these cookies stayed light and pulled apart easily. Instead of the initial crunch I had been expecting, I was given a chewy cookie dough with a sweet taste. When combined with the caramel ice cream and its slightly salty bite, this flavor’s potential was finally reached. I’m hoping to see some more super-premium companies start offering some ice cream sandwich options.


Where I Found It: The Fresh Market
Grade: A