.

SCOOP SHOP READER REVIEW: Bob's Review of Graeter's Brownie Sundae

After walking into a Graeter's while in Columbus I was able to sample a few of the new limited edition Flavors:
Now onto the Brownie Sundae. The Brownie Sundae is a brownie split in half and covered in 2 scoops of Graeter's ice cream with whipped cream and fudge topping:


Since it was a brownie, I went with my favorite flavor off the line (Buckeye Blitz which is Chocolate/PB/Cookie Dough mix-ins) with the Peanut Butter Brownie (to compliment the overall brownie and enhance the peanut butter from the Buckeye Blitz). I would have to say this was one of the best things I have possibly ever had in my ice cream history when everything was all said and done. If you are a sucker for a rich and delicious base you got brownies, chocolate, peanut butter and cookie dough all in one massive bowl, topped with hot fudge and whipped cream. Words can't express much more for someone who loves peanut butter and cookie dough.

As I went through the Peanut Butter Brownie first, since it is the new limited edition flavor for August/September, it blew away the peanut butter base found in Ben & Jerry's (as had in What a Cluster). It's not even a comparison and you also get thick and moist brownie pieces (think Tons of Brownies from 2nd Street Creamery) put those together and thats Peanut Butter Brownie from Graeter's. When this is in pint form I will be scooping it. I lived 4 hours away and they had a hand packed pint, so I was tempted to grab it, but did not have a cooler on hand for my trip back.

Buckeye Blitz was nothing short of what is expected. The only crazy thing was is that I got a chocolate peanut butter mix-in that was nearly the size of a chunk of a Hershey's Bar (about an inch). It was one of the bigger mix-ins I've ever gotten from Graeter's in general through all the pints I have had.

The brownies overall weren't bad. They were not fresh made, but imported (frozen and thawed out). They are not very moist, but on the harder side. They were decent at best, but they complimented the peanut butter/chocolate/fudge and whipped cream all on the ice cream so everything just combined to make a pretty good sundae.

If you are ever in an area with a Graeter's scoop shop, I would highly suggest the Bundt Cake as found in the 1870 Tower which is a lot better, moist, and tastes superior. Overall this was one of the best creations I have ever had in an ice cream scoop shop and I HIGHLY recommend it.