.

READER REVIEW: Steve's Review of Blue Bell Chocolate Peanut Butter

My Saturday morning ritual involves eating a half-gallon of Blue Bell ice cream. This week, it's Chocolate Peanut Butter.


I'm a sucker for the chocolate and peanut butter combination so was eager to try this out. First thing I noticed was that there are no chunks in this ice cream - no chocolate chips, peanut butter cups, or anything else of the sort. All the way to the bottom, it's a chocolate ice cream riddled with ribbons of peanut butter.


To my eyes, it seemed kind of bland, because (a) I love chunks, and (b) I like my chocolate and peanut butter combinations to be heavy on the peanut butter, but this appeared to be a whole lot of chocolate and just a little peanut butter. But can looks ever be deceiving! I chose my word carefully when i said this ice cream is "riddled" with ribbons of peanut butter, because these ribbons permeate the entire container. Thus, Every single bite had a heavy peanut butter flavor to it. What's more, this wasn't merely a superficial peanut butter flavoring. Blue Bell uses ribbons of pure peanut butter, so the taste is rich and creamy! Almost as if you took a spoonful of chocolate ice cream and and then smeared peanut butter on it. At 220 calories per serving, this is the richest Blue Bell flavor I've yet encountered, and it's all because of the peanut butter! The result? This is what the container looked like 26 minutes after i cracked open the lid.


Blue Bell Chocolate Peanut Butter is an addictive treat for anyone who loves this classic combination. Highly recommended.

Where Steve Found It: Target
Steve's Grade: A