.

REVIEW: Gelato Fiasco Torched Marshmallow S'more Gelato


For those of you that don’t know, I recently started an Instagram account, which I’ve almost been using exclusively to keep readers updated on new posts and recent releases. Through this medium, I was able to connect with a company based out of Maine called Gelato Fiasco. Starting in October, this small-scale artisan gelato and sorbetto company began offering their products pre-packaged in pints. Read the entire story of what this company is really about below:


After scanning through their 24 available flavors, I offered some insight to my particular tastes, and about a week later I had a cooler sitting on my doorstep. Inside I found their Maine Wild Blueberry Crisp, Stracciatella, Sweet Resurgam, Molasses Peppermint Stick, Mascarpone Pistachio and the one I tried first, Torched Marshmallow S’more. Gelato Fiasco has this to say about their new offering, “evoking warm summer nights by the campfire in Acadia, chocolate bar pieces and house-made marshmallows are kindled into graham cracker gelato.


Throughout our hundreds of ice cream reviews, this would be my first time tasting a graham cracker base. Most of the s’mores competition use a chocolate or marshmallow base, but the utilization of graham cracker, one of my favorite mix-ins, could elevate this into the upper echelon. After putting down my first bite, not only is the consistency just right, but the bold taste is spot on. It’s unlike any other base I’ve tried and is the ideal foundation for a s’mores flavor. Even though this melts down slowly, there's no waiting around to uncover mix-ins. From top to bottom, they're included in every bite.


The crushed pieces of chocolate bar pieces are the perfect size to capture the rich, chocolate flavor without becoming rock-hard like fudge chunks from other companies. Because of their small stature, they work themselves into every single bite. To finish this gelato off, Gelato Fiasco tossed marshmallows inside. These soft, house-made, gooey mix-ins make this the best s’mores product we’ve ever reviewed. Keep a lookout for more reviews from Gelato Fiasco in the very near future.


Where I Found It: Gelato Fiasco (Portland, Maine)
Grade: A