.

REVIEW: Blue Bunny Red Carpet Red Velvet Cake


The first time I tried Blue Bunny’s Red Carpet Red Velvet Cake was early in this blog’s existence. Since then, we’ve reviewed hundreds of ice cream and I have a better grasp on where things sit taste wise. My super-premium snobbery has waned over the past year and lately I’ve really enjoyed some of the lighter fares available. I’ve also learned that flavors are typically much better in carton form than in smaller pint sized portions.


With that said, I was ready to give this 150 calorie per serving combination of rich, red velvet cake flavored ice cream is elegantly paired with cream cheese frosting flavored ice cream and red velvet cake pieces. The premium ice creams are bold, flavorful and their easily identifiable as red velvet and cream cheese. The red velvet base really allows the chocolate involved to come through.


The small pillows of red velvet cake pieces are pretty consistent throughout the whole carton and come into play at least every other bite. These are even a deeper, darker red than the maroon ice cream surrounding them. While the result isn’t quite as impressive as some of the super-premium renditions, for the calories, it’s another solid option from Blue Bunny.


Where I Found It: Ingles Markets
Grade: B